Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Rooted and Grounded in Love"

Tonight as I sat and watched "The Biggest Loser" on TV their actions made me think of a scripture passage in Ephesians 3:17-19. I made reference to some of these verses last week, but while watching this show it made me think of the commitment they made to lose weight and I thought about the commitment we made to trust Christ. The passage begins by saying "...so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith, and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God."

I thought about how they all seemed "rooted and grounded" in their mission to lose weight (several of them to help save their lives). And then I thought about we as Christians and our responsibility to be "rooted and grounded" in our faith. I thought about the changes in my health over the last 4 years and how many times I may have slipped on the treadmill. But as I deal with the good and bad things that happen to me in my life, I am reminded of that part of the verse that says "...that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God."

In July of this year I will have dealt with the diagnosis of Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma which was found in Stage 4, meaning if it had not been for the decision to have the back surgery, we NEVER would have known. So I feel very "rooted and grounded" in my faith in Jesus Christ and am confident that He has been directing my footsteps all this time. My commitment level is greater than ever before and my desire in life is to share my thoughts about God's Word, with anyone who will take the time to read or listen to them. I was informed when we found out about the cancer what the statistical timeframe was but I firmly believe that God has different plans.

So as you look forward into the year 2009 and beyond, make sure you find yourself "rooted and grounded" for our God is an awesome God, able to move mountains as needed. And oh, by the way, I am never without the feeling of "all the fullness of God."

Dave

No comments: