Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Day Of Christ

I was very glad to come to this passage of scripture tonight. It is Philippians 1:6 and it says..."For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus."

Philippians is the most personal of Paul's writings. You can feel it "breathe" confidence and strong personal attachment. What is dominant in this letter is Paul's joy. It reveals the apostle Paul as being radiant in the midst of the storms and stresses of life. And this is what he wishes for us.

He is confident of the "good work began in us" and feels strongly that it will continue to grow until Christ comes for us. And with his teachings, he believes that no matter what trial we face, with the Love of Christ in our hearts, we can overcome.

Some of us, as we grow, get sick, have financial problems, and face a multitude of other difficulties in life that "throw us for a loop" from time to time. But Paul says, "I have confidence...in Christ's work in you." Sometimes I "yearn" for Christ to return. Sometimes I actually ask Him to come and take us to our reward and away from these tribulations, but it is the good work that is being perfected in us that keeps us going.

In just a couple verses down he says "For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus" (Phil 1:8). It is the "good works He began in us" that gives us the love that Paul expresses here. What is important to you today? I am trying, always, to make that most important thing in my life, my love for Christ.

God's Peace...Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my Lord Jesus Christ and I love you! You are an amazing man and I am thankful to have you in my life as we all should be thankful. You are an inspiration to everyone. God bless and keep up the good work!!!