Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, January 3, 2009

"Come to Me"

Matthew 11:28 says..."Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Here we find one of the more simple invitations to come to salvation in Jesus Christ. A genuine call to repentance and a new life with Christ from the Savior Himself.

Is there someone who does not need to respond to this invitation. Only if that person has already decided he wishes Hell as his final place (where I am sure there will be no resting). You and I walk past and even brush shoulders with people who have yet to accept this invitation.

Jesus says..."Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and YOU SHALL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOUL." Can we truly just walk by these poor lost souls and say absolutely nothing? I suggest that we cannot if we choose to be obedient to God's Word.

Jesus came into the world to allow us to take His yoke upon ourselves and He says..."For My yoke is easy, and My load is light." Life is tough. How's your "Yoke" hanging today. Take His and then go tell someone.

Dave

No comments: