Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"For They Shall See God"

In the Sermon on the Mount there stands out, such a precious line, One little sentence. Eleven little words that create the greatest possible joy in the life of a Christian man or woman. It simply says..."Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." For years I have cried out to see God. I love God. I want to fellowship with God. I want to be with God. I want to kneel before Him and offer Him the worship He deserves for the salvation He purchased for me.

Focusing on the "key" thought in this verse, I look at it as being the phrase "pure in heart" even though we all are in a continual state of sin and disappointment for God. Am I "pure in heart?" I don't believe so for a minute. Just like the Apostle Paul, (the things I should be doing I do not do and those things I shouldn't be doing are always at the top of my "to do" list ((paraphrased)).

Seems like every other step, is a step in the WRONG direction where God is concerned. However, God made this one thing very clear to me and it became the greatest reality upon being diagnosed with cancer. "I sent my Son to die for you so you would be pure in heart." God sacrificed Jesus so I would be pure in heart. I am, indeed, A CHILD OF THE KING, pure in heart with a love for God that is unending. And every time I fall down He reaches down and picks me up and says to me, "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see Me!"

What a precious promise. If your reading this devotion, I'd like to know if you can say the same. I AM A CHILD OF THE KING! Looking for your feedback!

Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dave...I always want to "do what I should" but sometimes I fall short. It's so reassuring that he's always there to pick me up and welcome me back. God is so good! Your sista-in-law, Linda