Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, August 13, 2009

New Heaven And Earth

I am NOT looking to exegete (from the Greek 'to lead out') involves an extensive and critical interpretation of an authoritative text, especially of a holy scripture, such as of the Old and New Testaments of the Bible) the book of Revelation, however as I was reading today from chapter 21, I was moved by verses 1-4 and thought I might write a word or two about it. Revelation 21: 1-4 says,

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He shall dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be among them, and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."

What a beautiful passage of scripture to look at and to look forward to. Every day I think I see the world moving faster and faster to the Lord's eminent return for His bride, the church (and by "church" I mean the body of Christ). As I said, I don't intend to get deep into the understanding of this scripture at this time, just wanted to bring it to the forefront simply because of what we see in the world today.

We are, indeed, moving at a very high speed toward a collision between man and God. A time when Jesus Christ will return to take those of us who faithfully follow Him, to our home in glory and I am enjoying the scenery. It is pleasing to know that Jesus Christ loves me, died for me, and prepared for me a place in heaven where my eternity is secure in Him.

A "new heaven" and a "new earth", a "new Jerusalem" just waiting for my arrival where there will be no hurting, no pain, no tears. There will be no more death and we will morn never more. I know that I am sounding sentimental but don't you, on occasion, sit and think about how it will be to live our lives outside of these "tents" that continually tear and get injured or sick?

Someday, and it may be very soon, our High Priest, the Lord Jesus Christ will break through the clouds and arrive to take us to glory. Are you ready? Have you made your reservation yet? Have you invited Jesus Christ to reside in your heart? It's not really all that difficult. You just need to invite Him in by praying and confessing your sin and asking for forgiveness. Tell Jesus in your own words to come into your heart and help you live your life by His grace.

As it is and has always been, He is waiting on you!

Dave

No comments: