Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Amazing "Out Pouring" Of Salvation This Weekend!

Because we were not able to stay in California last week, we missed the "Harvest Crusade" in Anaheim, California that took place this past weekend with Pastor Greg Laurie and Harvest Ministries. This was their 20th Anniversary and the 3-day event was absolutely incredible. However, because of the magnificent technologies of the day, we were able to watch each service via the Internet.

The outcome of this crusade brought me to 1Peter 2:9,10 which says, "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light; for you once were not a people, but now you are the people of God; you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy."

Being chosen by God as a child of His is a most astonishing thing and it helps me to live my life without fear of the entrapment's of this world. The Lord Jesus has secured my salvation by way of His suffering a brutal death, burial and resurrection. Going through a difficult medical problem is much easier to deal with knowing that I have been called "...out of darkness into His marvelous light..." As the eminent return of Christ rapidly approaches, it make me even more excited, and increases the "yearning" to be in heaven with my heavenly Father and constantly in His presence.

Each of these several thousands who have excepted God's grace can now actively seek and apply God's perfect will to their lives. What a great joy it was watching and listening to the Lord at work. I believe the total number of hearts given to Christ during this crusade will surpass twelve thousand. How amazing is that? God is still in control and still calling his people to walk in holiness.

I praise God for His marvelous works.

Dave

No comments: