Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, November 5, 2007

In The Beginning....God

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep; and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters".(Gen 1;1,2)

You know we talk about a lot of stuff on this blog but sometimes it is good to go back to the beginning. I look out at the world today and see the turmoil and pain taking place and have to say "Maranatha, Lord Jesus"! Please come quickly. There are people in the world trying to make ends meet with no arms or legs, some with viruses that cannot be healed, there are some who walk around with terminal diseases like cancer, MS, and so many other medical difficulties that makes me feel like a well person compared to them and it just doesn't seem far for the lot of us.

Back in the beginning God spoke to us and He explained about the beautiful world He created for us and He had so much fun and love in making this place for us to dwell upon until He finally completed our mansions in glory. Its just too bad that the devil and some of his helpers wanted to create such chaos in the process.

I was just sitting here tonight thinking about God's new creation in the beginning of Genesis and suddenly Darwin's Theory popped into my mind (probably because of some notes I have written down on the margins in my bible about him. He seemed to want to work so hard to convenience us that we came from the apes and that we evolved into the men we are today. Well I gotta tell you, I have some pretty heavy back aches from the surgeries they have done on my back and I really doubt that I spent much time flying along the treeline using branches because I just know it would have created and trip to the ER for my back.

His theory was all based on a "Chance of happenings" for each situation?????? Wow, That was profound. He called his postulated theory ..."Fortuitous Concurrences of An Accidental Circumstance".

What a meat head! If that theory were proven correct then it would be interesting each time you opened a can of peaches to see what you might find inside. Ha! Ha! "Accidental circumstances" indeed.

But the God of the universe said, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth"! I have to tell you at this point that it takes LESS faith in my life to believe this situation than the "Fortuitous Concurrences of An Accidental Circumstance" How absolutely ridiculous. I close my eyes and can see, by Faith our God the Father standing off in a distance waiting to hold me in His arms. He knows I have cancer and that I will be home soon. He's standing right there waiting with nothing else on His mind but to make me whole again. I love the Lord, don't you?

Dave

Dave Stallings lives in Phoenix, Arizona with his wife of 36 years, Barbara, and their dog, Captain Jack…along with their kids and grand kids ! Dave is a semi-retired pastor and loves to blog on his personal web page since being diagnosed with Stage IV incurable non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma two years ago..his motto is “It is what it is and God is not surprised”….his website is www.nowwhataz.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

Joyfulsister said...

Thank you for this post.. I recieved it in my email that Rest ministries sends my way faithfully each day. God is using you in a mighty way, Keep blogging for Jesus I know he is pleased.

Aloha Joyful