Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Do you have a troubled heart?

"Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself, that where I am, there you may be also." Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me." (Jn. 14:1-4,6)

I was lying in bed tonight thinking about the activities of the last couple of years and I just had to take a moment to thank the Lord for the strength and courage He has given to Barb and me. On April 19, 2005 I had a major surgery that would eventually lead to the discovery of an "incurable" form of cancer within my body. Having had to prepare and endure treatment for this cancer, without the ability to recover from the back surgery, has certainly brought the need and ability to put my faith in God.

In the middle of pain I have never experienced before, I have been introduced to more people, needy people, struggling people, that I would never have known without being taken down this path. I have already lost one of those dear friends during this past year and was privileged to share Christ at his "going home" celebration just a few short months ago. With well over 100 friends and family members present that day, who's to say they would have ever heard the plain and simple Gospel of God without God directing me there. I have seen "overwhelming" fear in the faces of a lot of people I have met, that just seemed to disappear with just the "mention" of His name!

So laying in bed trying to get to sleep (it's 2am) I heard the voice of God telling me to share a little something with those of you who experience some of these trials.

I have been truly blessed over this past 2 years with the opportunity to be used of God, trying to stand in the gap, and be a faithful servant to Him and tonight I can feel God's smile. And believe me when I say, I have done nothing in my own power through it all. Oh, I know that there is a tremendous amount yet to be done, but tonight I feel the Lord's joy.

Over the last 30 plus years of walking with the Lord (most of the time, ahead of Him), we have always looked forward to the Lord's Second Coming. In fact, I believe that we are close, so close to His return that sometimes, I swear, I can "feel the brush of angel wings" on my cheeks.

If your reading this and feel you have some "unsettled issues" that need God's attention, please take the time to go to Him and let Him find that "soft or wounded" spot in your heart, and when He does, rest assured that He, and only He, can cover it with His love and make you whole.

Dave

No comments: