Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Checkin' For "Chinks" In The Armor!

Well, like Barb said in her email tonight, we are pleasantly "tucked' into our new residence in Surprise, Arizona at the Sunflower RV Resort.  We left the beautiful mountains of Prescott Valley this morning and it was raining.  Something we have not seen for a while now and it was a little disappointing to have to leave.  However, the weather greeting us was NOT unpleasant and even more comfortable in the evening.  Everything is plugged in and working as it should and I am looking forward to our stay here at Sunflower.

When we arrived at our RV spot, I parked the 5th wheel and then walked around it (as I always do after traveling) to make sure there were not "nicks" or "dings" in our home on wheels and of course, it is certainly holding up well (with a few inside exceptions which are being handled).  Anyway, as I surveyed the RV checking it's sturdiness I was reminded of a passage of scripture in Ephesians:

Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE;  in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.  With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. (Eph. 6:13-20 NASB).

So, as I walked around the RV I noticed that there were a couple of "nicks' probably caused by flying rocks on the highway and on the driver's side of the coach were a few minor scratches that were perhaps caused by the brushing by of tree branches as I drove out of the park, however no "dents" or real damage to the integrity of it's structure for which I was thankful (you have to see it; it is a BEAUTIFUL coach and just what God ordered for Barb and I).

Again God prompted me back to the above verses and this time He was telling me to take an inventory of my own "nicks" and "dings" as Barb and I have been driven through some very thick forests in the past and perhaps we needed to make sure our structural integrity was still "intact"!

So I looked again at the above verses and noticed that my "loins were still girded with the truth of our Lord Jesus Christ.  I noticed also that my Breastplate of Righteousness was still on and straight.  I did notice a few dents and scratches on it from being "hit" a number of times by the evil one, however it still maintained it's "shine" and sturdiness with the continued ability to deflect any of the darts that Satan would sling my way.

Then I looked down at my feet to see that they were still "shod with the preparation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  The soles on the bottom of my shoes were a good bit worn but still capable of addressing anyone who wanted to know about God's presence.  I also noticed that I still had hold of my "shield of faith" and even though it was somewhat "warped" from being banged on and protecting me, it was still shining and very much able to protect me in the "throws of battle".  I also noticed a few black or "burned" marks on my shield but nothing to be concerned about.  And still possessing my "helmet of faith" and the "sword" being the Word of God  I was still completely ready in and out of season, to tell of the Good News of Jesus Christ our Lord.

Yes, today I took a good look and evaluation of my own "armor of faith" and found it "used" but still plenty able to be used much, much more for the Gospel of Christ.  And to that end, we wear our suit of armor, deflecting the darts and arrows that might otherwise damage our ability to express our faith in Christ as we (all who are in Christ) have been called to do.

So, let's take a survey to see when the last time it was that you inspected your "armor of God" being ready "in season and out" to spread His Holy Word.  A word to the wise: don't ever walk out the door without your suit of armor on.  You never know who is lurking around the corner.

Dave

BTW, I have never made this request before but this is so very important.  Please share this with a friend or loved one.  Perhaps posting it on your Facebook page will really help to reach a lot of people who need this type of evaluation in their lives.  You will be doing them a favor.  God loves them too.

No comments: