Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, September 12, 2010

How Can I?

A couple of days ago, I received a question from a precious niece of mine and I tried, with the blessed Word of God, to answer her question with conviction, courage toward the truth as written by God, and easy to understand.  I hope I have done that for her.  I recently met her husband and they are a precious couple with beautiful children and grand child.  I appreciate when someone ask questions concerning the Word of God because it prompts more and more study of His Word for me.  Thank you, sweet Jackie.

As I thought about that tonight I was prompted about another question that I am sure is asked over and over again, not only in America but all over the world and that question is:  "How can I have my sins forgiven and live with Jesus Christ for all of eternity?"  I would like to address this question tonight because it can never be given enough attention before the return of our Lord and Savior.  And as the events of the world identify with His soon return, it seems really applicable now.

"How can I have my sins forgiven and live with Jesus Christ for all of eternity?"

A.   The Bible prompts us to admit that we have a need.  We all are sinners and in need of a savior.  Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."  From all the way back in the Garden of Eden, inherited sin has been a human issue and flaw in our ability to relate to our Father in heaven.  And so Paul tells us simply that "All" have sinned!  In order for us to clear a path to forgiveness, we must first recognize that we ARE sinners.

B.   Once we have come to that point in our lives then we have to be willing to repent, or turn from our sins.  Repent means to "turn around and go in the opposite direction."  The Bible tells us in Acts 3:19, "Repent therefore, and return, that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."   After we recognize our sin, it is necessary for us to be willing to "turn" from that sin in order to come to God.

C.   After repentance comes believing:  Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross and rose from the grave.  "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."  That comes from John 3:16 and is probably the most popular Bible verse around the world.   You see, it's not just enough to recognize sin in your life and then turn from that sin.  There is this powerful Hope that our God has provided for us and that was to give up the One He loved most so that He could love you just as much.  And praise the Lord, He was willing to die not only for you and I, but for everyone who would someday fall to his/her knees and ask Jesus into their lives.

D.   Finally, there is a "gift receiving" ceremony that takes place.  You see, God is offering you a gift.  The gift of eternal life and security in heaven with Jesus Christ.  But in order to complete the process you must reach out and accept that gift.  In the Gospel of John 1:12, John explains it like this:  "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name."  It is through prayer that we invite Jesus Christ to come into our lives and control our life through the Holy Spirit.

So to sum up:  We must "Confess, Repent, Believe and Receive!"

Here is a simple little prayer you can use right now to come to God and have all of your sin forgiven for all of eternity:  "Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness.  I believe that You died for my sins.  I want to turn from my sins.  I now receive You into my heart and life.  I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior.  In Jesus' name, Amen."  You see, you may be reading this and think like my big brother thinks, "I'm too bad for God to help me.  He'll never forgive me for all the bad things I've done so why bother."  Well, I know a lot of people who have been much worse than my big brother and God saved them.  He can save you too.  No matter how bad you believe you are.  Go back and read through these thoughts again and then go before a Holy and Loving God and ask Him.  Remember too that we don't go looking for God.  He came to us to offer His Son as a sacrifice for however bad you think you have been.

I hope, with God's Love, that you take this message serious.  Your very eternity depends on it.  And if you are reading this and are already "set up" in the Kingdom of God, then pray for others as they take the time to find out for themselves, what it is like to be in Love with God.

Dave 

No comments: