Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, September 10, 2010

I Can Count All Of My Bones!

There are 31 verses below. Please read them and ponder the message given:
 
My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.  O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest.  Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.  In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them.  To You they cried out and were delivered; In You they trusted and were not disappointed.  But I am a worm and not a man, A reproach of men and despised by the people.  All who see me sneer at me; They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,  " Commit yourself to the LORD; let Him deliver him; Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him."  Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb; You made me trust when upon my mother's breasts.  Upon You I was cast from birth; You have been my God from my mother's womb.  Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help.  Many bulls have surrounded me; Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.  They open wide their mouth at me, As a ravening and a roaring lion.  I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me.  My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And You lay me in the dust of death.  For dogs have surrounded me; A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet.  I can count all my bones. They look, they stare at me;  They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots.  But You, O LORD, be not far off; O You my help, hasten to my assistance.  Deliver my soul from the sword, My only life from the power of the dog.  Save me from the lion's mouth; From the horns of the wild oxen You answer me.  I will tell of Your name to my brethren; In the midst of the assembly I will praise You.  You who fear the LORD, praise Him; All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him, And stand in awe of Him, all you descendants of Israel.  For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; Nor has He hidden His face from him; But when he cried to Him for help, He heard.  From You comes my praise in the great assembly; I shall pay my vows before those who fear Him.  The afflicted will eat and be satisfied; Those who seek Him will praise the LORD. Let your heart live forever!  All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You.  For the kingdom is the LORD'S And He rules over the nations.  All the prosperous of the earth will eat and worship, All those who go down to the dust will bow before Him, Even he who cannot keep his soul alive.  Posterity will serve Him; It will be told of the Lord to the coming generation.  They will come and will declare His righteousness To a people who will be born, that He has performed it.  (Psa 22:1-31 NASB)
 
Ever have a day when you feel something like this.  I don't propose to know how deeply our Lord suffered however, I do feel days like it says in verse 17 when "I can count all of my bones" because it is so painful.  I have friends today and others who have already gone home to be with the Lord who have expressed this level of pain in their bodies and I pray.
 
I have been up all night unable to sleep because of the "bone counting" going on in my body.  Sometimes it feels like someone is twisting them and allowing them to "fling" back into position which really hurts.  I have taken enough pain and sleeping aids to put a horse to sleep and my guess is that God had a message for me. 
 
Although, on a daily basis, the pain develops more and more, I continue to trust in God, who is, indeed, the Author and Finisher of my Faith, for my final outcome in this life.  And at the appointed time which God has set for me, it is my hope that people would have found me enjoyable to be with, funny, candid, and just an all around good fellow.  But my greatest desire is that those people would recognize the "God Man" within me and the earnest desire to share His love with others.
 
This world is hurting like nothing we have ever experienced before in any of our live times and I see this as a signal from our Father in Heaven, to look up, and call out His name.  Maybe you are in such pain that you cannot utter a word.  Our Lord hears your groaning and loves and desires to minister to you.
 
Won't you turn to God and receive His grace; even as you suffer terrible afflictions tonight.  I have.  And now that I have shared this with you, I feel better.  Tonight I feel the need to lift up my children and grandchildren to the Lord for His blessing.
 
You've heard it said before, "Let go and let God."  Well I say "Let go and experience the results of His Glory."
 
I pray for your suffering this very night.  God bless you,
 
Dave

No comments: