Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I "Had" A Dream (No Relationship to MLK)

It was the night of the 28th of September, 2009, and I remember being very agitated when I went to bed. I tossed and turned in the bed for what seemed like hours when I finally decided to put my headphones on and listen to some of my favorite worship music when I eventually fell asleep.


It made me think of the passage of scripture in Joel 2:28,29 which says, "And it will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, Your old men will dream dreams, and your young men will see visions. And even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days."

Sometime during the course of my sleeping, suddenly I was in the middle of what appeared to be a "great" wedding. I remember thinking that I did not recognize the place that I was at but I had a feeling that I had been there before (you know, that deja vu feeling?)! I was walking towards a very wide set of stairs that seemed so very far away, yet I could see them as though I were standing at the bottom of the steps. As I got closer to the staircase, I noticed the "attendants" at the bottom of the stairs. They didn't speak to me but somehow informed me that I was not properly dressed for the occasion so they gently but firmly placed a robe on my back and I slid my arms through and they catered to me, making sure that I was "unwrinkled" and looked my very best then I was advised to walk up the staircase toward the top and would be informed of what do to when I reached the top.

It was kind of like the concerts we used to attend back in the 60's where smoke from "dry ice" started crawling on the floor. The further I went up the stairs, the thicker the smoke or fog from the dry ice got. I remember seeing a few other people making their way up the staircase as well and we were not communicating with one another but all were adorned with these beautiful "white" robes (you know the kind you find in a 5 star hotel), only they were not "terry cloth" and they were shimmering and almost "glowing" and each time I took a step toward the top of the staircase, the robe would begin to glitter and shine even more. It was so comfortable and made me feel like I was not wearing anything at all except I did not feel like I was undressed (does that make sense?).

When I finally reached the top of the steps I could see the building where the wedding was to take place. However it was still a long distance away and I was informed to continue on my way. As I began to step toward the building that I could see off in the distance, I realized that I was walking on water. At first it looked like a floor of glass. When I try to recollect all of the facts that I can in my dream (and as you know, when we dream, we cannot seem to get it all in our mind to express), I realized that I was looking at Revelation 22: 1-3 which says "And he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. And on either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. And there shall no longer be any curse..." and I immediately thought of the beginning of the Bible where in Chapter 3, it explains the process of the curse with Adam, Eve, and the serpent with his deception.

As I walked along the river of water (actually on the river) I remember that I did not feel any sickness in my body at all. I had the strength which I had as a young man and stood tall and walked briskly toward the event. I recall that as I came closer to the building, it seemed to become more cloudy and I could see lots and lots of others walking toward the wedding chapel (I didn't wonder why I was there, it just seemed like that was where I was supposed to be).

As I drew closer and closer to the chapel we could begin to make out a figure standing at the entrance of the building. I could not make out the image only to say it was bright and glowing (shimmering almost) and the closer I got, the brighter this image would shine. Soon I realized that this image or person was supplying the light for the event.

I remember that the image was, from what I could make out, absolutely beautiful but I couldn't make out a face and was not aware of who this person was. I couldn't determine if "I" was being married or if I was simply an invited guest.

Suddenly it became very clear to me that I was walking toward Jesus Christ, My Savior, the One Called The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world (thinking back to John the Baptist's introduction to Jesus to the crowd on the day of His public introduction prior to His baptism (my mind must have remembered that from a portion of the pastor's message last Sunday).

I cannot explain to you what it looked like because my mind cannot comprehend the beauty that I saw or my heart, the emotion I was feeling as I continued to walk forward. I just remember thinking about the passage in Revelation 22:6, that says, "And he(someone other than Jesus) said to me, These words are faithful and true; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must shortly take place." And then Jesus spoke saying, "And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book."


And again in Revelation 22:16,17 it was revealed, "And the Spirit and the bride say, Come and let the one who hears say, Come, and let the one who is thirsty Come, and let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost."


Naturally as I write down the events of this dream, God has led me to these passages of scripture and I even believe that the entire dream was part of my sub-conscience as a result of a part of our pastor's message, but the scene has been mostly indescribable for me without using these text references.


Was I standing at the feet of Jesus? I believe I was! Was I being led into Heaven? I believe that I was. Does this have anything to do with the disease that is attacking my body? I believe it does. I believe that the Christ was allowing me just a "preview" that would be "just enough" to keep me strong and help me continue to walk in His grace until He is ready to bring me home. And the reason that I say that is because as I reached the door where the "attendant" would allow me entrance, it was my Savior, Jesus Christ who reached out and placed His arms around my neck and seemed to be welcoming me home. I'm sure that was my subconscience because I am always thinking about the video from the link I have on my blog "I Can Only Imagine"!


Most all of our dreams are "cut short" and we want to fall back to sleep and see what the end of the story is, but it was not to be. And of course, I am not even sure I am telling of my dream in the right sequence of events and am certainly leaving out a large part of what I saw. Did I see Jesus? I don't know, however, after my dream, I had a calm and a peace that I have never experienced before. Do I believe I had an "out of body" experience. No, I don't believe so, but I did get a chance to see some of the most beautiful realities I have ever experienced.


I have tried to tell this story as I can recall the events and do not want anyone to think that I had a "special" encounter with Christ (for any specific purpose) other than to have an affirmation of His love and genuine care for my life, both here and when I arrive there. The passages of scripture are what I was drawn to when I woke up and trying to make sense of the dream.


So what have I personally "gleaned" from this beautiful event? I believe that our Lord, Jesus Christ is speaking to all of us in one way or another, and He is trying to tell us to "get ready" and the events of the world seem to bear witness to His message. Jesus Christ promised to return "just as He left" and we are NOT ready for such an event. Some of us do not have a specific desire "burning" in our hearts for the soon return of Christ and that is what I believe that He wants to see in us. Not only a strong desire to tell others of His existence, but to "yearn" for Him to come back and bring us all "home."


(This story was not meant to be entertaining. I felt the Lord prompting me to write this story as a warning of His soon return. Because I had this dream, does not make me some special spiritual person but just one excited about His imminent return)

Are you ready?


Dave

No comments: