Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Comment From A Close Friend

Hi Dave!

I just read your recent blog post, and it gave me chills!!!  I just finished watching one of the last Glenn Beck TV episodes we recorded, and he was saying the same thing...  that our country and this world is most definitely changing at an alarming pace, but America has its head stuck in the sand.  So these thoughts were circulating in my mind when I logged on to the internet and read your post.
Praise God, we know who "sets up kings and deposes them" for His purposes and in His timing!  We know Who is ultimately in control of ALL things and Who is writing HIStory!!  Many times I become concerned for what lies ahead for all of us, but more concerning is what our children and grandchildren will face, but I know the Lord will remain ever faithful to His children no matter what lies ahead.

A favorite verse of mine is Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee: because he trusteth in Thee."
Thank you for consistently pointing toward Heaven and the Hope and Salvation Jesus freely offers to anyone who will believe. I can't imagine facing this life without it!  Lauren recently shared a song with Barb written by Laura Story, titled "Blessings".  I am sure she shared it with you.  My favorite lyrics in the song are:
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst
This world can't satisfy?
We will never know complete peace and joy until our spiritual thirst is finally satisfied in the presence of our Lord and Savior!  I am looking forward to sharing eternity with you and Barb and so many other friends and family, as we worship at the feet of our Lord!
Praying for you, dear friend...

Amy

No comments: