Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hard Questions Reveal Very Difficult Answers

Today I had my last in this round of chemotherapy and after, an appointment with the Oncologist to get a final reading of the last Bone Marrow Biopsy.  I was my jovial self throughout chemo treatment, however I could feel anxiety building up as I waited in the Doctor's office.  Of course, we had read some of the report as we HAD to chase it down for the Doctor's office and naturally some of the 19 letter words were a little baffling.

So we asked all of our questions, as difficult as they were and were given difficult responses which left the decisions for my treatment right back in my lap.  Ever wish someone in the car would just decide where we are going to eat and go there?  Well, I kind of felt like that this afternoon.  My Son and Daughter-in-Law were there to hear his findings.

My wife and I have battled "valiantly" against these diseases for coming up on 6 years now and have been very strong and God-inspired about the treatment.  However, at this point the options (or rules) have changed.  The MDS consults from UCLA in California were without emotional involvement, naturally so the results left us needing to make some very critical decisions.

Since the day it was announced that I had cancer, it has always been a "God" problem with me and tonight that remains the same.  We have to make some very critical decisions for which we will continue to ask for God's guidance.  I have lived my adult Christian life with the idea that "I can do all things through Christ who is my strength"!

I wrote this tonight knowing that most who read this will get it in the morning and honor me with prayer along with my wife and family who all have pressing decisions to make by the end of the month.

God bless you all and I will try to right again soon,

Dave

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers always. God will see you through and your strength will keep you fighting. Much love