Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Year, A New Creation

Okay, there are some who believe that I have had a long enough break and it is time to start writing again. I don't know if it was "writer's cramps" or "writer's block" or just "I'm too tired to think" syndrome, however, I find myself at 1:37AM, unable to sleep and that is usually when the writing begins. For a while there I found myself "tied up" with the political arena and I became frustrated, as so many other Americans did and started posting links related to present day political issues. I will try to refrain from that activity and see how long I can hold out. I really want next year, 2010, to be all about God.

And since we are very close to arriving at the new year, I thought that this passage of scripture would be a good one to remind others of: "Therefore if any man is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come" (2Cor. 5:17 NASB). Tomorrow night at midnight, most Americans will be shouting "Happy New Year" and finding someone to kiss to bring in the new year. A time of renewing and, in some cases, literally "shaking off" the old year and its troubles.

But here in this passage of scripture, Paul is reminding us that for those of us who are in Christ Jesus, not only do we get to start a new year, but we are also "new creatures" in this new year. "the old things passed away," last years difficulties are now gone, and "behold, new things have come" and as the new year arrives, we can dedicate our lives to a 'new spirit" and "new energy" a "new beginning" once again, with and for our Lord Jesus Christ. We are not required to "make new resolutions" for the coming years because our Lord Jesus was resolute when He suffered and died, then rose from the grave to see that we were "new creatures".

Yes we are in Christ Jesus, new creations, to be used for His glory. And of course, this makes me think of a promise in Romans 8:1 that says, "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." That's always good news because as we stand, wherever it is on New Year's Eve, we are NOT condemned by God but rather renewed by His spirit and remember that Romans 8:9 reminds us that "we are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in us."

And also going along with that thought is John 3:3 where Jesus says to Nicodemus, "unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." So at midnight on December 31, 2009, you can be reminded of not only a new beginning to the calender year, but as well, a new beginning as creations of Christ, being born of the Spirit, not depending upon the flesh to direct our lives.

You don't need a new resolution to live for Christ in the up coming year! You are His "New Creation" and all that is done in your life is while you live for Christ. That should cause some of us to seriously contemplate some of the things that we do, day in and day out. I know, I complain too much, and because Christ has made me whole, I'm going to try a little less complaining and try to add more "rejoicing" in my life as I live for Him.

What about you?

Happy New Year 2010 with your "Life In Christ"

Dave
all scripture, unless otherwise stated, will come from the NASB)

No comments: