Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Peace And Safety!

Tonight I was watching one of my favorite commentary programs on Fox News. It was the Glenn Beck Show. Now I know that there are those who believe him to be a "conspiracy theorist" and others just believe that he is an inebriated "Paul Revere". That bothers me very little. Because I listen intently to what he says and I research what he means.

Tonight his program caused me to think of a passage of scripture that goes a little like this: "Now as to the times and the epochs, brethren, you have no need of anything to be written to you. For you yourselves know full well that the day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. While they are saying, "Peace and Safety!" then destruction will come upon them suddenly like birth pangs upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, that the day should overtake you like a thief; for you are all sons of light and sons of day. We are not of night nor of darkness; so let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober." This comes from 1 Thessalonians 5: 1-6 and in today's society, it is an important piece of scripture to learn and stand by.

I don't intent to make you believe that I have any more concrete information on when the Lord plans to return for His Church, however, the Bible has given us ample warning and many, many, many of the events of the day are encroaching upon us as though we were being "smothered" by the changes our country is going through. Naturally an in depth study of "end times" will help, but the point I am trying to make is that we, as Christian men and women need to "NOT" have our heads in the sand over the current events.

Now perhaps there are many "Paul Reveres" in the country right now who are trying to warn us of impending doom and that is not my call to make. I only bring you to the Holy Word of God as the Apostle Paul warns us to be on our guard against the injustices of our Christian faith.

You have need of nothing more to do than to make sure that your heart and hearts of your family are in order and prepared to meet and greet Jesus as He returns for His "Bride" the church.

Don't be like the farmer who said, "I'll wait until just prior to the bad weather and then begin my crop." For him it will be too late. If you do not understand these things I have a specific blog that you can go to and it will assist you in getting a better grip on God's role in your life. You can find it within this blog on the front page and it is the very first link that refers to the "4 Spiritual Laws". Just click on that link and it will take you to all the information you need to know to make a responsible decision for Christ. And remember that no decision is a decision against the Lord as your Savior. You should also be able to click here to get to the 4 Spiritual Laws!

God bless you this day,

Dave

No comments: