Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Excellence of Love

"If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing" (1 Cor. 13:2).

I was looking over my website (http://www.nowwhut.org/) and blog tonight and noticing the difference in my appearance in each photo with a hat. What a difference can take place in just under 3 years. And I wanted to mention the different hats in each picture.

I have a precious sister-in-law in California who thinks of me always, continues to pray for me and knows that I like baseball hats. So when we first found out about the cancer I said to her, "Well, it is what it is" while she was here visiting and when she went home she immediately had my first hat made with that phrase inscribed. Then when the chemotherapy was over, we spoke on the phone and I commented that I survived the chemo and "Now What" so she went right out and made me another hat. From that I created my new website (above) and she had my third had made for me that shows my website.

This is her way of showing me that she loves and cares for me. Others have sent "knitted angels" in the past and others have sent me money (wow!). And my precious wife has spent endless nights awake and watching me sleep just to make sure I was okay. All three of my children have shown their "unconditional love" for me during these difficult years. All of us with these difficulties in life, usually have a loved one or two who shows their love consistently just as my wife and her sister. She has another sister who was gracious enough to take Barb and I to Maui after 6 months of chemotherapy just to celebrate getting through the "rough stuff". In fact we had so much fun that they took us again (to Honolulu) the following year.

In my life, I have had so many people who show their love and compassion for me and I could not be more grateful. In this love chapter expresses how important love is (from both sides). I, and those who minister to me, could be the most knowledgeable people alive and without love (given & received) " we are nothing."

Jesus has given us the ultimate "love" gift in His sacrifice at Calvary for our sins. And I am so grateful! Are you grateful to someone today? Why don't you let them know? If you don't know the love of Jesus that I speak about, go to www.nowwhut.org/4laws.htm and read the page. If you make a decision, please let me know.

Glory to God!

No comments: