Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Sunday, October 21, 2007

I am so very thankful!


Last week we completed our 3rd Annual "Light The Night" fundraiser and walk for Lymphoma and Leukemia and as always, it was a great success. Our family has raised at least $1000 each year for research and awareness. All of my local family was there and participated and donated to my cause. From the stage over the last three years now I have heard the phrase "Every 5 minutes someone is diagnosed with Lymphoma or some type of blood cancer, and every 10 minutes someone loses their battle". That is a hard statistic to stare at especially when the disease is within your own body, however, with the support I have received from my family and so many people who love me, my attitude has gotten stronger and stronger. This was the first year that I personally was not able to complete the walk, but it was because of the problems with my back and not the Lymphoma that kept me from the task.

I know that God has a wonderful plan for my life and some very WONDERFUL moments have ushered their way into my life after my initial diagnosis. What do I think this means for me? Well, I am very optimistic about the future as far as this disease is concerned. In fact, I feel more confident that I can win this battle than I do in seeing our world survive the chaos it now finds itself in. At any rate, my prayer to our Heavenly Father is always "Maranatha" (Come Quickly, Lord Jesus). The sooner Jesus returns for His Church, the less difficulties we all encounter each and every day while we are here. So, does this make you think within yourself, "Do I have my heavenly reservation?" If not, it may be a good time to do some research and discover that God really loves you and has a tremendous plan for your life also. The Bible says in Romans 10:9 "If we confess with our mouths Jesus as Lord, and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, we SHALL be saved." This is naturally a promise that only God can make. Do you live your life in sin and deciept continually. If so, a seed has just been planted in your heart and it will begin to grow and help convict you of your sin, and when that happens, you next step will be to stand and confess that as sin and ask God for forgiveness for that sin and invite him to move into the recesses of your heart and allow the Holy Spirit to take over the control of your life. Time to surrender to someone; might as well be the God of glory.

Once you have confessed and surrendered your life to God's control, you need do nothing more than follow His spirit as He guides your life each and every day. Listen close and the Spirit of God will continually direct you straight to God and he will help you "shed" the pounds and pounds of guilt and shame as you approach Our Lord Jesus Christ. And don't be surprised that when you complete this journey you find yourself right in front of a "Bible Believing" "Bible Teaching Church. Just pledge to confess you sin and follow His leadership and you will see some pretty amazing things transpire in your life. Get yourself a good bible translation (I'm partial to the New American Standard Open Bible, mine put together by a group from Campus Crusade For Christ many many years ago. Find whatever is easy to understand and grow from there.

And so to close, if you prayed to receive Jesus within this blog, you can have the assurance of knowing that you are as "SAVED" and Billy Graham, the Evangelist. Take your new found freedom to the streets and highways of life and be sure to share it with others.

Finally the God of the Bible says; "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."

Believe in your heart and dwell on it constantly. God will come close to you and soon you will be communing with God. Please let me know how it goes.

Do you have this disease? Call me and I will talk to you about it. Call 623-512-5842 or email me at dstallings2@qwest.net

I love you all,

No comments: