Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Better is a poor man.....! Proverbs 19

Proverbs 19 tells us that "Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity, than he who is perverse in speech and is a fool. Also it is not good for a person to be without knowledge, and he who makes haste with his feet errs." What is the wise Proverbial person attempting to teach us in these first two verses? Well one thing that is very plain is that you don't have to own ALL the donkeys in the field to have some dignity and integrity in your daily life. Being poor doesn't mean, "I stand in line all day waiting for someone to help me out, because I have no ability of my own". Having no wealth doesn't automatically make a person stupid or unable to achieve accomplishments in life. God is looking for Man's integrity to show through his smile. The smile says, "I may be down, but I'm not out, not by a long shot". God is still in control with my life and I don't see him carrying around a big satchel of money so He must be working on my integrity. I'm going to continue to direct you toward God and He will be the "keeper of my fate". What a tremendous lesson in just two verses.

Later in the chapter he says "He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, and He will repay him for his good deed. Discipline your son while there is hope and do not desire his death. A man of great anger shall bear the penalty, For if you rescue him, you will only have to do it again. Listen to counsel and accept discipline. That you my be wise the rest of your days" Here we see Our Great God "repaying" good for good. And where have we heard that word "enable" before. So many Fathers, so many Mothers, reaching out to rescue their children from a nasty lesson that they must learn to live a more dignified life. Parents be slow to anger and allow your children to go through life's experiences without rescuing them and never giving them a chance to "figure it out".

Finally, "What is desirable in a man is his kindness, and it is better to be a poor man than a liar. The fear of the Lord leads to life, so that one may sleep satisfied, untouched by evil".

You know, I don't really know a lot of rich people. In fact, I don't know a lot of poor people either. Most of the people I know are sort of "middle of the road" and that is what is so impressive about them. There is something about a family that realizes that they could be "one paycheck" away from living in the street, and yet they live their lives, carry on their activities and support their families like they don't know the possibility exists. They live life like God intended for them to. They walk with the "integrity" given to them by the Lord Himself.

To all that fall into that category, myself included, as long as we "lock arms" with God, we will keep the boat afloat. You want to know how I know? I've read more of the book and I really am impressed with HIS promises. Don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask God to "pick you up" when needed! Don't be too proud to accept help from a friend who is just developing his own integrity! You may have to help him somewhere down the road.

God's love,

No comments: