Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Chalk Up Another Day For Christ

Morning everyone.  Yesterday was my normal day for chemo, however it was anything but normal.  You see, while Barb was busy working all those years with "Fearful Flyers" she ran into a person who lived in Mexico City and was a fearful flyer.

His precious mother was dying of cancer and he desperately needed to get on a plane to Houston, Texas to be by her side.  Obviously, Barb is pretty good at talking people through their fears and she managed to (via cell phone) walk this man through the fear he had of flying and he was able to get on the plane to get to his mother's bedside (that's wonderful now here's the story).

We became good friends over the years and even planned a 3-day get together in Las Vegas, Nevada and had such a wonder full time.  To bring the story up-to-date, we had not seen him or her since, until today when he flew into Phoenix just to come and sit with me and Barb while I had my chemo treatment.

I thought that was very generous of him and we talked about a lot of everything and then at one point he said, "David, I do not share in this peace that you  seem to have while you visit with these doctors and nurses and you are going through such terrible treatment" (Barb has kept him up to date on my treatment).  What a wonderful intro into the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

So for the next 20 minutes or so, I had his undivided attention as I explained what it was that allowed for the peace in my life.  We laughed together and cried together and our relationship was even more deeply renewed.  However, I explained to him that "now he had a decision to make about Christ."  He had always considered himself a Christian man (with a Catholic background) however he had never been confronted with his own sin and mortality until today.  I explained to him that he needed to dwell on our conversation and we would come back together and gather his thoughts.  Through his tears, he hugged me and was so grateful that someone would take the time to explain the "Truth of the Gospel of Christ" and he would, indeed take to heart our conversation.

So now that you are all informed, you, as Christian men and women are obligated to pray that the seeds planted in Juan's heart will "take hold" and he will start searching and understanding the truth that was shared with him.

Such a wonderful, kind and loving man, I explained that even though that may be so about him, his destiny lay between heaven and hell based on his decision about Christ.  And so we will be visiting with him for a few days and you can be sure that "closure" will come to that conversation with our "Good Friend, Juan".

God Bless him and all of you as well,

Dave
(just another sleepless night so let's give God the glory)  

1 comment:

Barb Camp said...

I was just sitting here at my computer so I thought that I would check your blog for any new "messages" and I just read the latest one posted on May 11th. WOW ... talk about being in the right place at the right time. What a wonderful opportunity to share Christ with your good friend, Juan. And I am going to pray that the seed that has been planted will "spring up" into salvation.
Thank you, Lord, for using us in so many different and diverse ways and in whatever circumstance we find ourselves.
And, thanks to you Dave, for always being an encouragement to us.
We love you and are praying for you and your precios wife
Brian and Barb