Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, January 31, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I have prayed hard and discussed, in detail with my family, the options given whether chemotherapy again or no chemotherapy and have decided that it is God's Will that I proceed with the treatment so I have only one point I want to make clear and hopefully it will not have to be made until some years in the future:

I don't want it said of me, at my memorial, that "he stands before Jesus Christ because of those he may have taught or lead toward Christ."

I don't want it said of me, at my memorial, that "he stands before Jesus Christ because of those he may have ministered to or assisted in some Godly fashion."

I want it said of me, at my memorial, that "he KNEELS before his Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, in grateful humility because he knew the importance of the sacrifice of his soul to a Holy God."

David Stallings
(Serving a Holy God until He comes for me)

Presently chemotherapy is set to begin on February 14, 2011...Happy Valentine's Day, to my sweetheart of 40 years.

2 comments:

Barb Camp said...

Dave,
I was just sitting here scrolling through some of the links that I have saved as "My Favorites" and thought that I would check out your site. And I am so glad that I did. What great words that you wrote on January 31 and I, too, hope and pray that the words at your memorial will NOT be spoken for many, many years. May what you wrote be true of every person who claims to be a Christian. We will ONLY be in Heaven because of what Jesus did for us and if we should happen to hear "well done thou good and faithful servant" it will ONLY be because of what Jesus did for us and then we can cast our crowns at His feet ... PRAISE THE LORD.
Thanks, once again, for being a great encouragement to me.
Brian and I love you and your sweetheart of 40 years.
Praying for you both every day

Anonymous said...

hello,
i'm happy that i stumbled on your blog..you are an inspiration! God is really great! God bless!