Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wisdom From Proverbs 14

"The house of the wicked will be destroyed, But the tent of the upright will flourish. There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." (Prov. 14:11,12).

Lord Jesus, help us to set our "tents" upright so that as we flourish, we may be a great people of God. Help us use the "insight" given by you, today. We all know some pain today. My prayer is that you grant all of us your peace.

Dave

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, This is the first time that I have taken the time to read your "blogs" and your story of being diagnosed with cancer, your acceptance of the Lord and the cancer in your life and I gotta tell you, it is with heavy, heavy tears in my eyes that I type this knowing where you are at this moment. My prayer is that you will find the peace promised by God for you, Barb and your entire family.
God has blessed you and all of us my friend.

Tom

Dave said...

Thanks so very much, Tom, for your continued prayer support and love of Christ in you for me and my family. Hopefully, I have communicated that it is ONLY BECAUSE of HIM that I meet each day looking forward to what God has in store for us. I have struggled through ministry since graduating from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, as to where I fit, and only when the most serious trial of my life fell upon me, did I understand the grace and true peace that comes from knowing and trusting God. THIS IS MY MINISTRY and only God knows who it is that benefits from the efforts and direction in which He leads.

"May God bless you and keep you. May God make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you."

Thank you for your friendship.