Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Friday, June 19, 2009

Get Outta Here, Satan!

Did you read my devotion from yesterday? About the tongue? Well I continued in the book of James and I'll be darned if I didn't find the perfect answer for yesterday's devotion.

You can find it in James 4:7 which says, "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." Absolutely unbelievable! I was just talking about the tongue yesterday and today God takes me to this verse of scripture.

Of course it doesn't only apply to the tongue. Submission is the key. We, as men, always look at that word and apply it to our wives because naturally, they are supposed to be submissive to we men. Well, according to this passage of scripture, we ALL are supposed to be submissive to God. That's what it says!

Of course there is a benefit to being obedient to God (submissive). It says that as we "resist the devil, he will flee from us" and I need more of his fleeing in my life, what about you?

Dave

No comments: