Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Things That Matter Most

Mat 6:34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Today we got up and took our Jeep to the dealership because the air conditioning was acting up and being that we live in Arizona, we really need that part of the car to work right. Anyway, we decided to go have breakfast at one of our favorite places; we asked to be seated in our favorite waitresses tables and got a chance to talk to her. Fifteen years ago she had breast cancer and got a clean bill of health back some 10 or so years ago. This morning she told us that she has to have a bone biopsy on Thursday because they saw a mass and suspect it is back and now in her bones.

Still smiling, she continued to serve us our coffee and breakfast and maintained a "steadfast" attitude even though you could see there was a little uneasiness in her voice. A wonderful Christian woman, still deeply concerned. So we ministered to her and will help her home from her test on Thursday.

Later on this afternoon, I went to the bank to open an account and the lady who helped me had Thyroid cancer removed from her neck 5 years ago and just two weeks ago another suspicious form in her neck was removed. I got her name and assured her that I would pray for her. We talked about God and His role in these times and she seemed to become more calm, the longer we talked.

These two incidents today made me think of why I have cancer and what my role is here on earth. If I am in a constant state of "worry" how am I supposed to minister to people that God brings in front of me? My food, drink or clothes I wear. How do they compare to doing the will of the Father? And so that is why Jesus says, "That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life..." (NLT)

We have more to do in our everyday lives than worry about so many things. "Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly father feeds them. Aren't you more valuable to him than they are?" I believe so.

Hear God's word and become "worry free" in your walk with the Lord. See how He will bless your life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, I think you know My Sweet Lord is about Hare Krishna? I remember when I first heard the song, I thought George Harrison became a Christian. Perhaps he did before he died. I bear caution to the wind whenever I hear it. Perhaps one should substitute Jesus Christ.

Blessings,
DJ

Dave said...

Loashir, Your comments are well received. I am aware of George Harrison's religions beliefs and that was, naturally, NOT why I placed the song on my site. Ideology is not my "better suit" but rather standing on my ongoing objectivness as a "Fully Devoted Follower of Jesus Christ". I like the song, plain and simple, and you are the first one to bring up the Hare Krishna thought. I have only one Lord, One God, one Holy Spirit and He is the Trinity of creation, as you well know. I also like some of Eric Clapton's more spiritual melodies but do not place any value on his religious beliefs.

Thank you for being a good steward of the Word, and keep the faith (in Jesus Christ, My Sweet Lord).