Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Trusting In The Lord!



Proverbs 3: 5 & 6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

We are now entering into year number 4 of the cancer diagnosis and even though it is time for me to have another Pet CT Scan, I do not fear, in fact, I am looking forward to it so I can show these doctors that my God is better able to care for my needs and they need to jump on His bandwagon as well. Anyway, there is always a constant reminder, at least that is what I am reminded of, however, without fail, there is also a constant reminder that God has brought me this far, and I don't believe His intentions would have been to drop me now. It is very easy to allow the Lord to carry you through these events in life. We just need to remember that our lives here are temporal and we have an eternity in Heaven with Christ, our Lord; an opportunity to visit, talk & worship our King as He originally intended for us to do.

Anyway, that being said, the verse above reminds us that as we trust in the Lord, without leaning on our ability to understand (sometimes that is very hard when doctors are giving you time limits on your life)He, God, is very much in control of our everyday needs and requirements for life. He walks with me so graciously that He is like a VERY trusted friend. I can share my most intimate thoughts with Him and he does not rebuke me over my concerns. He show me the type of love that can only come from the Father.

Well I have continued to trust in the Lord and he is making my paths straight. Just short of one year ago, my oncologist told Barb and I that if we wanted to travel, this was the time to do it. So we went shopping for 10 months to find the near perfect travel trailer for the two of us and finally, a couple of weeks ago, we found it on the internet...made an offer and then packed up the Jeep and took off on this journey, not sure what we would find and when we arrived and stepped into the trailer, it was devastating. It was "surely" NOT what we were looking for and would not completely serve our needs at all. However, remembering that the "Lord is Good" and He is directing our paths, we starting looking around, and in one corner of the lot, there it sat. The perfect size, model, available space, right weight for our Jeep to pull and it was just the right amount of money we had planned to invest in the venture. AIN'T GOD GREAT?

So we went for it and purchased it ! And so we begin a new adventure/mission in our Christian life, as ambassadors of the road, going here and there, trying to introduce the God of all creation to those in our path. I almost feel like we have cheated God in the deal because all we had to do was to "Trust in Him". He did the rest.

So, in the midst of the situation, the hand we have been dealt...that we find ourselves in, we are happy and looking forward to driving the wheels off our Jeep as we take our "own hotel room" everywhere and anywhere we are led to go. Please pray for us, that we will use this new tool as an instrument of God's Glory, assuring everyone we meet, that Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Won't you help us with that need? Also continue to pray for God's timing in my medical situation. I have completely surrendered this disease to Him to do with, as He sees fit. And He WILL receive the glory when I finally arrive HOME!

God bless you all very much and I hope you enjoy the worship music added to this site. It is for you that it has been added. Please tell others about this blogsite and my website and I will try to do a better job of updating it in the future. I will try to prepare photographs of our adventures as time goes on. I have noticed that the number of people looking at my website (www.nowwhut.org) and my blog (www.nowwhutaz.blogspot.com) has dropped off quite a bit. Please help me spread joy to others who need to be lifted up.

God's absolute best for you today,

Dave

No comments: