Crazy Papa

Crazy Papa
I'll make 'um an offer

Monday, March 19, 2007

Great Cancer Update!

The GREAT news is that the PET scan looks good. About the same as it did last time which means the cancer is somewhat "asleep". They WILL not call it remission because the oncologist explained that this cancer never goes away and will, at some point, "wake up". The CAT scan that was done in February was a little scary in that it showed some enlarged lymph nodes which could have been a sign of the cancer "waking up". The doctor said it could still be that but sometimes it will act up and then you'll go and scan the body and it will be inactive.

Anyway, we will stay on the course that we have been on. The next scheduled chemo will be starting May the 4th. They will place another "port" in a couple of weeks, so I'll have to go into out-patient to have that done at the hospital.

We asked the doctor how long the cancer usually stays "asleep" on an average and he said about three years and we are a year and a half into that three years, so the reality is that within the next year or so...OR later, it could be back to the point that I will need to go into heavy chemo again and/or bone marrow transplant, but we will handle that when it comes our way. For now, we are actually content with where I am and thank God for His answer to many prayers that were offered up for me. I also thank all of you who took the time to offer me up to God for my health.

I know you all were probably expecting something about God so listen to this: Romans 8:38,39 says "For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." So by this I can say don't worry, God is in control

My personal website is www.nowwhataz.org.

No comments: